HGS Diamond Taq® polymerase is a highly thermostable enzyme produced and purified from recombinant Escherichia coli bacterium containing the Thermus aquaticus DNA Polymerase gene. The expressed enzyme catalyzes 5’-3’ synthesis of DNA with no detectable 3’-5’ proof reading exonuclease activity. This enzyme has the “extendase” activity allowing TA cloning.
HGS Diamond Taq® polymerase is a chemically modified HotStart DNA polymerase, which initially lacks all activity. It requires a thermal activation of 10 minutes at 95 °C to reach maximal activity. This avoids non-specific priming at low temperature during the PCR set-up. HGS Diamond Taq® is more heat-stable than commonly used Taq DNA polymerases.
HGS Diamond Taq® polymerase is particularly recommended for PCR applications that require ultra low levels of bacterial & fungal DNA in Diagnostic and demanding Research fields but also for amplification of templates prone to produce unspecific amplicons.
HGS Diamond Taq® polymerase can be ordered according to your needs:
Under IVD process (please enquire):
- Shipment on dry ice
- Hard copy CoA
- Full traceability from production, storage to shipment
- Tracking number sent to the customer the day of the shipment
- Customized Fill & Finish. On request HGS Diamond Taq® can be produced with an activity from 5 to 50U/µl; a glycerol level from 1 to 50 %
Under Research process:
- Shipment at room temperature
- Full traceability from production to storage of the product