- Length : Up to 60 amino acids
- Purity : ≥95%, ≥90%, ≥85%, ≥70% or crude
- Quantity : 1 mg minimum up to gram quantities, delivered as gross weight or net weight.
S-S Bond Formation
Peptide disulfide bridges are typically formed between two cysteine residues within a peptide sequence (intramolecular), or between cysteine residues in two different peptide chains (intermolecular/interchain). The cysteine residues can be located at the peptide N-terminus, C-terminus, or internally.
1-3 disulfide S-S bridges : We can utilize orthogonal protection strategies to control specific bond formations for peptides containing 1-3 bridges.
≥4 disulfide bridges : formed naturally by creating the most thermodynamically stable product
Disulfide bridge(s) formed between cysteine residues of two (or more) peptide chains
MALDI matrix cluster ions as internal references for ion mobility measurements.
Mwangi JN, Todd DA, Chiu NH.
Springer Berlin Heidelberg; 2019.
From AnaSpec (Eurogentec's US subsidiary) : The 95% pure peptide (YSTCDFIM), was cyclized between the sulfur group of cysteine residue and the C-terminal and has a monoisotopic mass of 960.3721 Da.
- Stabilization of secondary conformations
- Templates for novel drug development via engineering favorable properties into biologically active compounds
- Scaffolding that forms biochemical tools to probe disease mechanisms such as Protein-Protein Interactions
- Generation and screening of disulfide-based macrocyclic ligands libraries towards target affinities eg. RGD sequence motifs