The generation of a polyclonal antibody is dependent on two main factors, after which biology takes over.
- The first parameter involves foreignness – a sequence alignment between your antigen’s sequence and the host animal is highly recommended before starting an immunization programme.
- The second parameter is availability of pure antigen in sufficient quantity to elicit an immune response in the host.
- Peptide antibodies are today a very viable alternative to anti-protein programmes. A peptide antibody programme offers the advantages of being able to immunize with highly purified material and to affinity purify the antibodies against the peptide.
Eurogentec offers 2 different types of packages depending on your research goals and budget.
- 87-day polyclonal packages offer the highest titre and affinity available from a custom polyclonal production method using Freund's adjuvant
- 28-day Speedy polyclonal packages offer the same high titre and affinities as our 87-day programme, however without Freund's adjuvant and in a much shorter time frame.
We invite you to explore the packages or to create your own.
Please use the following flowchart to select the best polyclonal strategy.
Click to enlarge: